- Project title: To support countries under the new EU-ACP Agreement to uphold their National Sovereignty and Christian Values regarding Life, Family and Freedom of Religion & Education.
- Project description: CCI aims to work closely with key allies inside the countries that are most negatively impacted with regard to their national sovereignty and Christian values by the new EU-ACP Agreement.
- Project locations: The new EU-ACP Agreement negatively impacts the National Sovereignty and Freedoms of most of the 193 UN Member States in the world (including the US), but we are able to work most effectively to prevent the signing of the Agreement in the following locations:
Project location - Rationale
- At the United Nations HQ in New York and the Human Rights Council in Geneva -To lobby the Africa Group
- Across the European Union - By lobbying pro-life and pro-family CSOs, MEPs and countries such as Hungary and Poland
- At the African Union and within the 48 AU member states that are a part of the EU-ACP Agreement - By using CCI’s consultative status with the AU ACHPR, and by lobbying key stakeholders within AU RECs and within individual AU Member States / national parliaments
- At CARICOM and within the 16 Caribbean countries that are part of the EU-ACP Agreement - By lobbying key stakeholders within CARICOM and within individual CARICOM Member States / national parliaments
- Within the 15 Pacific countries that are part of the EU-ACP Agreement - By lobbying key stakeholders within key Pacific States / national parliaments
- Not-yet-signed 20-year Partnership Treaty:
- 27 EU countries + 79 African, Caribbean, and Pacific (ACP) countries.
- Binds 106 countries (1.5 billion citizens) with voting rights at the UN (193 UN member states in total).
- The EU single-handedly included health and (sexual) education provisions > Health & Education are a national matter.
- The EU’s progressive and liberal health and (sexual) education agenda often contradicts the national laws and religious, cultural and social values in many African countries.
Ensure the new 20-year EU - ACP Agreement respects the national sovereignty and Christian Values of the countries regarding Life, Family, and Freedom of Religion & Education.
Our Policy and Advocacy Strategy:
Use key policy and decision-making influencers to provide up-to-date accurate information and raise awareness (e.g. ACP delegations to the ACP-EU JPA)
Proposed Budget: Project EU-ACP
The following costs are included in the total project budget of 265,000 USD (November 2022 – January 2024):
- 5 additional CCI staff members (UN, Africa, Caribbean, Pacific, and the EU) on a consultant-basis. Henk Jan and Meskerem will function as the overall Project Managers by managing the project and the consultants
- Air travel and Hotel Accommodation
- Side-events / High-level Meetings and Conferences
- Publication and translation of information and awareness-raising documents
Would you like to support this project? Please, contact us